Agency for Cross Border Pastoralists Development (APaD) is a Non-Governmental Organization duly registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Board Registration Number: OP.218/051/18-093/11308 with its head office in Lodwar town, Turkana County.
The organization implements programs in key thematic areas including; Peace Building and Governance Sustainable Livelihoods Development and Animal Welfare; Disaster Risks Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation; Research Advocacy and Policy Influence; Youth Empowerment and Child Protection; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Humanitarian Action and Other Emergencies; Women Empowerment and Gender.
APaD seeks self-motivated, experienced, and committed team players to fill the following position:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer (2)
Supervisor: Peace Building & Disaster Risk Reduction Officer
Duty station: Lodwar (1 Position); Kakuma (1 position)
Contract Duration: One (1) Year (with a three-month probation period)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for:
- Support coordination of Peace- building, and DRR activities.
- Support the Peace Building & Disaster Risk Reduction Officer in the day-to-day management of the ‘Strengthening locally-led solutions to intersecting peace, gender, and climate challenges in the borderlands of Kenya, South Sudan, and Uganda Project.
- Support the project M&E activities through site visits, data collection, and reporting using available tools.
- Support planning and facilitation of workshops under the project.
- Draft lessons learned and best practices in collaboration with the communication team and consider feedback from target communities.
- Facilitation of dialogue among stakeholders and community engagement in social cohesion activities.
- Support the drafting of regular updates on the peacebuilding /DRR and the finalization of donor progress reports.
- Support the Peace Building and Disaster Risk Reduction Officer in the preparation of donor reports and other ad-hoc reporting requirements related to peacebuilding and DRR projects.
Document meetings and communications with the implementing partners as part of the project documentation.
- A Diploma certificate in Peace Building/DRR/ Developmental Studies or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience working with communities in DRR/peace-building projects
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) with a good understanding of the local context
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and other computer applications
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join APaD for any of the above positions, please send an application and attach a detailed CV and copies of testimonials addressed to the Human Resource & Admin Officer P.O Box 342-30500 or ;
via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications could also be delivered to the organization’s offices during working hours
The deadline for applications is at COB 26th January 2024
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APaD is an equal-opportunity employer.