Agency for Cross Border Pastoralists Development (APaD) is a Non-Governmental Organization duly registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Board Registration Number: OP.218/051/18-093/11308 with its head office in Lodwar town, Turkana County.
The organization implements programs in key thematic areas including; Peace Building and Governance Sustainable Livelihoods Development and Animal Welfare; Disaster Risks Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation; Research Advocacy and Policy Influence; Youth Empowerment and Child Protection; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Humanitarian Action and Other Emergencies; Women Empowerment and Gender.
APaD seeks self-motivated, experienced, and committed team players to fill the following position:
Job Title: Driver
Supervisor: Administrative Officer
Duty station: Lodwar.
Contract Duration: One (1) Year (with a three-month probation period)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Driver will be responsible for:
- Performing daily, weekly, and monthly logistical duties-undertaking all duties assigned by the supervisor concerning transportation by driving the assigned vehicle ensuring the safety of passengers and property on board.
- Performing complete safety checks of the vehicles before driving daily,
completing daily pre and post-trip checklists.
- Ensuring that only authorized passengers are carried as per the organizational policy.
- Complying with traffic rules and procedures and driving within recommended speed limits.
- Reporting any defects to the Administrative Officer and ensuring that all necessary servicing is
performed by authorized vendors.
- Maintaining complete and accurate transport-related control documents including recording all trips in the vehicle mileage logbook.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- At least 5 years of working experience working within Turkana County
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and traffic patterns is desired.
- Possess a valid driving license Class-BCE/ABCE
- A valid certificate of good conduct
- A basic vehicle mechanic course and/or Defensive Driving Certificate from a recognized institution preferably the government is an added advantage.
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct;
- Good Communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join APaD for any of the above positions, please send an application and attach a detailed CV and copies of testimonials addressed to the Human Resource & Admin Officer P.O Box 342-30500 or ;
via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications could also be delivered to the organization’s offices during working hours
The deadline for applications is at COB 26th January 2024
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APaD is an equal-opportunity employer.