Agency for Cross Border Pastoralists Development (APaD) is a Non-Governmental Organization duly registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Board Registration Number: OP.218/051/18-093/11308 with its head office in Lodwar town, Turkana County.
The organization implements programs in key thematic areas including; Peace Building and Governance Sustainable Livelihoods Development and Animal Welfare; Disaster Risks Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation; Research Advocacy and Policy Influence; Youth Empowerment and Child Protection; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Humanitarian Action and Other Emergencies; Women Empowerment and Gender.
APaD seeks self-motivated, experienced, and committed team players to fill the following position:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Supervisor: Head of Finance
Duty station: Lodwar.
Contract Duration: One (1) Year (with a three-month probation period)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of budgets during proposal development and grant application
- Supporting organization audits including for donor projects.
- Preparing cashbooks as well as cash and bank reconciliation monthly.
- Support in timely preparation, review, and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations. Ensure that the statutory deductions are reviewed and processed before the 9th of the following month
- Reviewing supplier payment requests and ensuring completeness and accuracy of supporting documents and attachments on payment requests.
- Counter-check to confirm that all payment requests have been signed by the requestor, reviewer, and approver.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- A Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or a related course with a minimum of CPA Section 3 or equivalent (a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting would be an added advantage)
- Three(3) years of relevant experience in the finance and accounting function in a humanitarian and development organization
- Budgeting and financial planning skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and QuickBooks
- Demonstrable networking capability, interpersonal skills, and strong ability to promote teamwork.
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join APaD for any of the above positions, please send an application and attach a detailed CV and copies of testimonials addressed to the Human Resource & Admin Officer P.O Box 342-30500 or ;
via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications could also be delivered to the organization’s offices during working hours
The deadline for applications is at COB 26th January 2024
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APaD is an equal-opportunity employer.